Location: Falls Church, VA
Classification: Part-Time or Full-Time
Position Summary: Logapps is currently seeking a Content Developer to produce high quality content for Logapps internal users and external clients. You will work closely and collaboratively with a diverse groups of managers, SMEs, designers, engineers, and analysts to compose complex ideas, methodologies, approaches, etc. into a clear, concise message across multiple forms (documents, PowerPoints, etc.) for different users.
Ideal candidate should be effective with all forms of communication including new media forms such as social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Additionally, the candidate should be able to create a variety of documents including, briefs, case studies, white papers, SOPs, reports, etc. Candidate will write, edit, and format documents, conduct peer reviews, organize document repository, and assist authors with document review while ensuring documents adhere to commonly used program style guide and formatting standards. As a Content Developer, you will be asked to lead small, internal projects with limited supervision, allowing you the freedom to chart a course you feel valuable to the firm. This will include managing the firm’s website presence and company blog.
Under the general supervision of the Project Manager, the Content Developer shall perform a variety of tasks such as:
- Creates and manages the project deliverable calendar, table of contents, glossary, tables, charts, figures, and other technical writing deliverable(s).
- Gather technical information and coordinate submissions and collections of data.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs, specifically MS Word and MS PowerPoint. MS Visio and Adobe graphic design tools are a plus
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation and incorporate charts, tables, and graphs from multiple sources including sharpening images, design layouts, and other visual elements with a high attention to detail.
- Make recommendations to improve message for client presentations.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service
- Superior in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and up to snuff on best communication tools, mediums, and practices
- Experimental with using new tools and techniques for content creation and communication
- High degree of attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Candidate must be a US citizen
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Communication/Journalism, Business or Liberal Arts related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in verbal and written communication, content curation and presentation
- Experience working with a professional services/consulting organization
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and make them easily understandable to diverse audience. (Sample work will be requested upon review and may ask candidate for a presentation)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and enjoys taking ownership of key assignments
A plus if...
- Master’s degree in English, Communication, or a business related field
- Experience working with federal government in information technology
- Experience working in a consulting organization
- Knowledge of IT/IT industry is a plus
The ideal candidate must maintain a high level of confidentiality, display a high level of professionalism, and be very comfortable interacting with government clients, technical leads, and teammates at all levels. Candidate must enjoy taking ownership of complex problems and navigating through towards a successful conclusion.